Money raised by the Friends of the West Suffolk Hospital comes from donations, legacies, subscriptions and profits from the Friends Shop, Trolley Service and Stalls, and is spent on providing additional items of equipment and amenities for the benefit of patients and staff.
The Trustee Committee are the decision makers of our Charity and they liaise closely with West Suffolk Hospital Management Team regarding how our funds are allocated.
FRIENDS’ FUNDED £113,768.39 THIS YEAR!!
We recently granted a magnificent £113,768.39 of funds raised to nine different projects to benefit patients –
- A machine to check blood flow to the feet in diabetes patients
- Crash mats
- Ibroscan probe for assessment of liver disease
- A special camera to help detect whether children need glasses
- A new trolley to make patients comfortable as they have a PICC (catheter) inserted
- Equipment to help rehabilitate the upper arms in stroke patients
- 20 portable blood pressure machines
- Equipment to help stroke patients move safely from a bed to chair
- SVOP machine for identification and treatment of field vision disorders
- Gel warmers to help patients having an ultrasound feel more comfortable
- Additional nebulisers
Grant Greetham, chairman of the Friends, said: “Our trustees are diligent in their role of considering all options that can assist both patients and staff during their time at the hospital, and we are eternally grateful to those people who donate money to this worthy cause which benefits us all at some time or other.”
Jan Bloomfield, the hospital’s executive director with responsibility for fundraising, said: “We are really grateful to our Friends for their continued support and generosity. These important pieces of equipment will make a big difference to patients and their families while further improving their experience when they come to West Suffolk Hospital.”
Membership of the Friends costs £5 a year. Anyone who is interested in joining should contact voluntary services on 01284 713206 to see how you too can donate to the Friends.